Thursday, February 21, 2013

Behind The Scenes

Last week I started working on a new exciting(!) project:
"The Idea e-Book For Lampwork Jewelry Designers".
In my e-book I will give examples for a wide range of jewelry pieces made with my lampwork beads, such as: necklaces, bracelets, pendants etc..

This is actually a family project:
My mother, Hannah,  is a talented silversmith and she made all the silver parts for the jewelry pieces. We enjoy designing bead- jewelry together for a few years now.

My 17 year old daughter, Tom (yes, in Israel Tom is a name for girls, too...), took care for all the technicalities and functioned as a model agent, stylist, make up artist and photographer.
Her beautiful friend Maya, traveled a long way by train to help us and model the jewelry.

Tom is packed and ready to go

First thing in the morning, Tom and I went to the train station to pick up Maya and went straight to my Parents' place. 
We took the pictures in my parents garden. Their old cat Sheleg (means "snow" in Hebrew), joined the party.

Since Tom took care for pretty much everything, my "job" was to be the water girl and try my best not to interrupt :)

At first, Tom chose the outfits for Maya and did her make up.



Then, we went out to the garden and looked for the perfect spot for shooting.


For the next 4 hours we were changing jewelry and outfits, laughing and singing in the sun (both Maya and Tom are Jazz singers).



Sheleg was helping around...



Here are some of the jewelry pieces we used:



After a lovely day, we went together to a local vegetarian restaurant and had a wonderful vegan meal.


Thank you mom, Tom and Maya. Couldn't ask for a better team!

Now, take a sneak- peek at the end result...





Soon the e-book will be published and you'll get to see what it is all about...:)

3 comments:

  1. Very lovely story! Your mam and daughter are great and the cat too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the story and the shooting and the last necklace is my favorite! where can I buy it?

    ReplyDelete